Beef StroganoffAdd to Cookbook original
- 1 (pound) beef tenderloin roast
- 5 (tablespoon) butter
- 1 (8.0 ounce can) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 (10.5 ounce can) beef broth
- 1 (teaspoon) onion powder
- 2 (tablespoon) ketchup
- 1/2 (teaspoon) garlic powder
- 3 (tablespoon) flour
- 1 (cup) sour cream
- 1 (8.0 ounce package) egg noodles
- NOTE: While this is simmering, cook package of noodles and toss with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Cut meat across the grain into thin slices, then into strips. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Cook and stir the mushrooms in butter about 5 minutes. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- In the same skillet, brown the meat. Reserve 1/3 cup of the beef broth. Stir the remaining beef broth, the onion powder, the catsup and the garlic powder into the beef. Cover and simmer approximately 15 minutes. Blend the reserved 1/3 cup of broth with the flour; stir this into the meat. Add the mushrooms, heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir a minute. Stir in the sour cream and heat through. Serve over cooked noodles.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C