Easy ChiliAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (pound) ground beef
- 1 (cup) onion, chopped
- 1/2 (cup) green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 (tablespoon) chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 (teaspoon) ground cumin
- 4 (teaspoon) jalapeno chile peppers, finely chopped
- 1 (29.0 ounce can) diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.0 ounce can) tomato sauce
- 1 (16.0 ounce can) chili beans, undrained
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, combine the ground beef, onion and bell peppers. Saute for about 5 minutes, or until beef is browned. Drain excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, garlic, bay leaf, cumin, chile peppers, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. Stir in the beans and heat through.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C