The Better Way To Plan Meals And Save Money
2 (7.0 ounce can) snow crab, drained and cleaned
1 1/2 (tablespoon) butter
4 (clove) garlic, minced or pressed
2 (cup) heavy cream
1 (cup) parmesan cheese, grated
1 (16.0 ounce package) angel hair pasta
1/2 (medium) onion, minced
(as needed) salt and white pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in cream, salt, and pepper and reduce to medium-low heat, stirring constantly. Do not boil. Gently simmer until sauce thickens and coats the back of a spoon; about 10 minutes. When sauce thickens, sprinkle 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and continue stirring another minute. Reduce heat to low.
- Add crab, stirring to combine.
- Meantime, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente; about 3-4 minutes. Drain.
- Toss cooked pasta into the sauce, coating thoroughly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese, and serve.
- Note: For a fast and easy alternative to making fresh alfredo sauce, you may substitute prepared jarred alfredo sauce. Just add canned crab and garnish with parmesan cheese.