Cod Fish CakesAdd to Cookbook original
- 2 (large) potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 (pound) cod fillets, cubed
- 1 (tablespoon) butter
- 1 (tablespoon) grated onion
- 1 (tablespoon) chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (whole) egg
- 3 (tablespoon) cooking oil, for frying
- Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender.
- Add the fish to the pot and let the fish and potatoes cook until they are both soft. Drain well and transfer the potatoes and fish to a large mixing bowl.
- Add butter, onion, parsley, and egg to the bowl; mash the mixture together. Mold the mixture into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Fry the patties on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels before serving.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C