Western Bean Skillet
- 1 (cup) green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (cup) onion, chopped
- 2 (teaspoon) vegetable oil
- 2 (28.0 ounce can) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (12.0 ounce package) vegetarian burger crumbles* (look for gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 (cup) hot-and-spicy barbeque sauce
- 1/4 (cup) brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 (teaspoon) dry mustard
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet cook bell pepper and onion in oil until tender. Stir in beans, barbecue sauce,vegetarian burger crumbles, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer fo 10 minutes. Serve as desired as a side dish or for a complete meal serve over rice, as a filling for baked potatoes or with a side of cornbread.
- *Note: An extra can of baked beans can be substituted to replace the vegetarian burger crumbles or ground beef or turkey can be used if a vegetarian dish is not needed (these substitutions will make this a gluten free dish).
- NOTE: Many (but not all) canned store bought vegetarian burger crumbles and baked beans are gluten free. Please read labels carefully.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C