Ultimate Potato SoupAdd to Cookbook original
- 2 (large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (stalk) celery, diced
- 1/3 (cup) onion, chopped
- 2 (cup) chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 (cup) half-and-half cream, heated
- 2 (tablespoon) butter, melted
- 2 (tablespoon) all-purpose flour
- Pinch (as needed) salt and pepper, to taste
- Pinch (as needed) freshly ground nutmeg, optional
- In a large pot, bring potatoes, celery and onion to a boil in 2 cups of broth. Cook until potatoes are fork tender, about 10-15 minutes. Drain, reserving cooking liquid and set cooked vegetables aside.
- Add butter to the pot and melt over medium-low heat. Add flour to butter. Cook over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, to remove raw taste from flour and make a light roux.
- Slowly add reserved broth back into the pot, stirring constantly to avoid scalding or lumps. Cook until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add cream. Stir in reserved vegetables. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg, if desired.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C