Spring Chicken and Pasta SaladAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 6 (large) eggs
- 1 (16.0 ounce package) bow tie pasta
- 1 (pound) chicken tenders
- 1 (large) cucumber, sliced
- 1 (bunch) radishes, trimmed and sliced
- 2 (large) carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 (medium) red onion, chopped
- 1 (cup) Italian-style salad dressing
- 4 (leaves) romaine lettuce, thinly sliced (optional, for serving)
- (as needed) salt and pepper, to taste
- Hard boil the eggs by placing them into a saucepan in a single layer. Fill with water to cover the eggs by 1 inch. Cover the saucepan and bring the water to a boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, remove from the heat and let the eggs stand in the hot water for 12-15 minutes. Pour out the hot water, then cool the eggs under cold running water in the sink. Peel once cold.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the bow tie pasta and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink, and rinse with cold water.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken, seasoned with salt and pepper, and cook until no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side. Remove the tenders from the pan, and set aside to cool.
- Cut the tenders into bite-size pieces. Slice the eggs. Combine the cooked pasta, chicken, eggs, cucumber, radishes, carrots, and red onion in a salad bowl, and pour the Italian dressing over. Toss lightly to mix. Serve as is or serve on top a bed of romaine lettuce.
- Note: Pasta salad can be served at room temperature or chilled.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C