The Better Way To Plan Meals And Save Money
1 (3 1/2 pound) chuck pot roast
(as needed) McCormack Applewood Rub
2 (teaspoon) Kosher salt
2 (large) white onion - sliced
1/2 (cup) red wine
1/2 (cup) water
1 (12.0 ounce package) baby carrots
5 (medium) Gold Potatoes in 2" cube
4 (tablespoon) olive oil
1 (tablespoon) chopped garlic
- Rub roast with applewood rub and let sit on counter for 1 hour.
- In Dutch oven heat olive oil to almost smoking and place pot roast in pot - do not move for 4 minutes - then turn and do the same. It will make a lovely brown crust.
- Remove roast and add sliced onions, stirring to scrape up brown bits, reduce temperature to medium and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Return roast, add wine, water, salt pepper and a few carrots, cover and place in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- Add remainaing carrots and potatoes, lower temperature to 300 and cook for 30 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Note *If you want thicker gravy, take all out and add cornstarch and water to thicken.