Steak Tips with Mushrooms and Blue CheeseAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (1 1/2 pound) steak tips, cut into 2‑inch pieces
- (to taste) Salt and pepper
- 3 (tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 4 (medium) portobello mushroom caps, halved and sliced thin
- 2 (medium) shallots, halved and sliced thin
- 1/2 (cup) low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 (cup) heavy cream
- 1/2 (cup) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 (tablespoon) minced fresh chives
- Pat steak tips dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add steak tips and cook until browned all over and cooked to desired doneness, 6 to 10 minutes. Transfer to platter and tent with foil.
- Add remaining oil, mushrooms, and 1/2 teaspoon salt to empty skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Add shallots and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Stir in broth, cream, and any accumulated beef juices and simmer, scraping up any browned bits, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Off heat, whisk in 1/4 cup cheese. Pour sauce over meat and sprinkle with remaining cheese and chives. Serve.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C