Spike's Spanish Chicken and RiceAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 2 (tablespoon) 2 (tablespoon) olive oil, divided
- 4 4 (large) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1 (medium) onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (teaspoon) 1 (teaspoon) ground cumin
- 1 (cup) 1 (cup) uncooked white rice
- 14.5 (ounce) 1 (14.5 ounce) can Ro Tel Hot Salsa
- 1 (can) 1 can chicken broth
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat until hot, but not smoking. Add chicken (salt and pepper with cayenne) and saute until browned, about 5 minutes each side. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside. Boil in bag of whole grain rice.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet, then add onion and saute, stirring frequently, until onion is translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the reserved chicken, salsa with liquid, some chicken broth, cumin and season with salt and cayenne pepper, garlic powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with rice.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C