Quick Greek Pasta Salad with SteakAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (8.0 ounce package) whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 (tablespoon) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (tablespoon) butter, divided
- 1 (pound) rib eye steak
- 1 (teaspoon) minced garlic
- 1/4 (cup) chopped fresh shallots
- 1 (tablespoon) soy sauce
- 1/2 (cup) sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1/2 (cup) sliced black olives
- 1 (cup) chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (teaspoon) fresh basil
- 1 (tablespoon) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 (cup) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 (tablespoon) sunflower seeds
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente. When cooked, drain, then toss with olive oil, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Sear the rib-eye on both sides until rosy-pink in the center, 7 to 10 minutes depending on thickness. Remove steak from skillet and cut into bite-size pieces. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon butter and saute the garlic and the shallots with the soy sauce.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the sun-dried tomato pesto, olives, spinach, basil, parsley, feta cheese and sunflower kernels. Toss with the pasta in a large bowl and serve.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C