Philly Cheesesteak Sandwich with Garlic MayoAdd to Cookbook original
- 1 (cup) mayonnaise
- 2 (clove) garlic, minced
- 1 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 1 (pound) beef round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 (whole) onion, sliced into rings
- 4 hoagie rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- 1 (8.0 ounce package) provolone cheese, grated
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and minced garlic. Cover, and refrigerate. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions in a small amount of oil in a heavy skillet. Add onion. Add the sliced steak when the onions are almost done. Cook the steak for about 5 minutes Remove from heat.
- Spread each toasted bun generously with garlic mayonnaise. Divide beef mixture into the buns. Top with shredded cheese. Place sandwiches on a baking pan.
- Heat sandwiches in preheated oven, until cheese is melted or slightly browned.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C