Pork Chop and Roasted Red Pepper BakeAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 1/8 (cup) all-purpose flour + 2 tablespoons
- 1 (cup) seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 (tablespoon) water
- 6 (6.0 ounce) center-cut pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 (cup) vegetable oil
- 1 (7.0 ounce jar) roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced
- 4 (tablespoon) butter
- 1/48 (oz) black pepper, to taste
- 1 (cup) milk
- 1 (cup) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 (cup) lemon juice
- 1/48 (oz) salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking pan with foil or coat with nonstick spray. Combine 1 cup flour and bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. In a small bowl, beat eggs and water together.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Dip chops in egg mixture, dredge in flour and crumb mixture, and arrange chops in hot skillet. Lightly brown chops until golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Remove from skillet, and place in a greased baking dish.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Slowly add 2 tablespoons flour, stirring with whisk until light brown. Slowly whisk milk into flour, and continue whisking until sauce thickens. Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms, red peppers, and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour over pork chops.
- Bake in preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C