Pork Chile Rojo (Pulled Pork with Red Chile Sauce)Add to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (3 1/2 pound) boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 3 (tablespoon) chili powder
- 1 (cup) onions, chopped
- 4 (cup) water
- 2 (16.0 ounce jar) salsa
- 2 (10.0 ounce can) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- Place the pork roast into an oven roasting bag set inside a slow cooker. Sprinkle the chili powder over the roast and arrange onions on top of the roast. Loosely close the top of the bag with a nylon tie. Use scissors to cut 3 vents, 1-inch long in the top.
- Cover and cook the pork on Low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the pork and onions from the bag and place in a large Dutch oven; reserve 3/4 cup of liquid from the bag. Shred the pork by pulling it apart using two forks. Stir the salsa, tomatoes, and cooking liquid in with the shredded pork.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C