My Pan-Browned Halibut with CapersAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (tablespoon) 1 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 16.0 (ounce) 2 (8.0 ounce) halibut
- 1/2 (cup) 1/2 (cup) white wine
- 1 (teaspoon) 1 (teaspoon) chopped garlic
- 1/4 (cup) 1/4 (cup) butter
- 1 (pinch) pinch salt and pepper
- 3 (tablespoon) 3 (tablespoon) capers, with liquid
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the halibut steaks on all sides until nicely browned. Remove from pan, and set aside.
- Pour the wine into the pan, and use a spatula to scrape any browned bits from the bottom. Let the wine reduce to almost nothing, then stir in the garlic, butter and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer for a minute to blend the ingredients.
- Return the steaks to the pan, and coat them with sauce. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve fish immediately with the sauce from the pan poured over it.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C