King Ranch Chicken CasseroleAdd to Cookbook original
- 4 (whole) chicken leg quarters, boiled and deboned
- 12 (8 inch) corn tortillas
- 1 (10.75 ounce can) cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce can) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (medium) onion, chopped
- 3 (cup) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10.5 ounce can) diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (large) bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 (teaspoon) chili powder
- 1/4 (teaspoon) garlic powder
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Boil chicken until cooked through; about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from water and set aside to cool, reserving the water. When cool enough to handle, shred the chicken with 2 forks.
- Meantime, sweat onion and peppers in a medium skillet over medium heat; about 5 minutes.
- Dip each tortilla in the water you cooked the chicken in for 1 second and layer over the bottom of a 9x13 inch casserole dish. Top tortillas evenly with half of the chicken mixture.
- In the skillet, combine the tomatoes, chicken soup, mushroom soup, peppers, onion, chili powder, and garlic powder. Pour half of mixture over tortillas and chicken. Then sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layering process with remaining ingredients. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Serve.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C