Quiche LorraineAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 1/2 (cup) cooked ham, diced
- 2 (cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 (large) eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 (cup) heavy cream, heated
- 1 (teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 (teaspoon) black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prick the bottom and sides of the pie crust with a fork or line with foil and place raw beans or pie weights in the shell. This will keep the pie crust from puffing up when you bake it. Bake prepared pie shell for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and remove weights (if using).
- Heat the cream and temper the eggs into the cream. To temper the eggs, pour about 1/4 cup of the hot cream into the eggs. Stir for a moment and then add the rest of the eggs. This will keep the eggs from scrambling. Season eggs and cream mixture with salt and pepper.
- Place the diced cooked ham in the bottom of the pie crust. Top with the cheese. Pour the egg/cream mixture slowly into the pie shell (it takes a minute for it to soak through to the bottom of the pie).
- Place the quiche on a cookie sheet and carefully place it in the oven. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. This is your indicator that it is done. Allow to cool about 10 minutes before slicing. Serve.
- Chef's Note: For added flavor, add 6 slices of crispy chopped bacon to the bottom of the quiche and add 1/2 t. dry mustard and 1/8 t. cayenne to the egg/cream mixture prior to pouring it into the pie crust. Sprinkle the top with a little nutmeg or paprika if desired.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C