Crispy Fried ChickenAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 2 (pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 2/3 (cup) buttermilk
- 1 (cup) all-purpose flour for coating
- 1 (teaspoon) paprika
- 1/2 (teaspoon) salt and pepper to taste
- 1 vegetable oil, for frying
- Put the flour in a large plastic bag. Season the flour with paprika, salt and pepper to taste.
- Dip chicken pieces in buttermilk then, a few at a time, put them in the bag with the flour, seal the bag and shake to coat well. Place the coated chicken on a cookie sheet or tray and set aside.
- Fill a large skillet about 1/3 to 1/2 full with vegetable oil. Heat until hot. Put in a few chicken pieces. Brown the chicken in HOT oil on both sides. When browned, reduce heat and cover skillet; let cook for 30 minutes (the chicken will be cooked through but not crispy). Remove cover, raise heat again and continue to fry until crispy.
- Drain the fried chicken on paper towels. Depending on how much chicken you have, you may have to fry in a few shifts. Keep the finished chicken in a slightly warm oven while preparing the rest.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C