Eggs FlorentineAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (10 ounce package) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 English muffins, split in half
- 4 (ounce) sliced cooked ham
- 1 (quart) water, simmering
- 7 (large) eggs, (4 for poaching plus 3 yolks for Hollandaise)
- 4 (tablespoon) butter
- 1 (tablespoon) lemon juice
- (to taste) salt and pepper
- About 40 minutes before serving prepare spinach as label directs; drain well. Toast English muffin halves; arrange on oven-safe platter. Top with ham, then hot spinach. Cover loosely with foil; place in warm oven (200 degrees) to heat ham.
- Meanwhile, poach 4 eggs: In 10-inch greased skillet over high heat, heat 1 1/2 inches water to boiling. Reduce heat to low. One at a time break eggs into saucer and slip into simmering water. Cook eggs 2 to 4 minutes until of desired firmness. With slotted spoon carefully remove eggs from water and drain each (held in spoon) over paper towels. Arrange on spinach topped muffins; keep warm.
- To make hollandaise sauce: In small saucepan over low heat melt 1/2 cup butter. In blender at medium speed blend 3 egg yolks and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Turn blender control to low speed; remove center of cover (or cover) and very slowly pour melted butter into mixture. Continue blending until well mixed. Season with salt and pepper. To serve, spoon sauce over eggs (recipe above).
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C