Rebecca's Chicken Fajita MeltsAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 3 (tablespoon) 3 (tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 36.0 (ounce) 6 (6.0 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 (cup) 1/2 (cup) tomato juice
- 2 (tablespoon) 2 (tablespoon) taco seasoning mix
- 1 (cup) 1 (cup) salsa
- 8 8 (1/2 inch thick) slices French bread
- 2 (cup) 2 (cup) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, and cook and stir until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato juice and taco seasoning, and mix well. Cook mixture until the juice has thickened and the chicken is well coated with sauce, about an additional 7 minutes.
- Preheat the oven's broiler and set the oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of salsa over each slice of French bread. Evenly spoon the chicken mixture on top of the salsa topped bread. Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese.
- Place sandwiches under the preheated broiler and cook for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C