Matt's Salmon and Garbanzo Bean Soup with SpinachAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1/2 (pound) 1/2 (pound) bacon, chopped
- 1 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (pound) 1 (pound) salmon fillets, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 5 (cup) 5 (cup) chicken broth
- 1 1 (bunch) fresh spinach, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 14.0 1 (14.0 ounce can) garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/48 (ounce) 1/48 (oz) salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon in a large pot over medium-high heat until the fat has rendered out and the bacon begins to crisp. Pour out the excess grease, then stir in the onion. Continue cooking and stirring until the onion has turned golden-brown, 5 to 8 minutes more. Add the salmon cubes, and cook gently until they turn opaque on all sides, but are not yet cooked in the center.
- Increase heat to high, and pour in the chicken broth. Once the soup begins to simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the spinach and garbanzo beans, return to a simmer, then season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C