Apricot Glazed Cornish Game HensAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1/2 (teaspoon) salt
- 1/4 (teaspoon) cayenne pepper
- 2 cornish game hens
- 2 (tablespoon) butter, melted, divided
- 1/4 (cup) apricot preserves
- 1 (tablespoon) honey
- 1 (tablespoon) grated onion
- 1/8 (teaspoon) ground nutmeg
- Combine the salt and cayenne. Rub a third of the mixture inside hens. Brush 1 tablespoon butter over hens; sprinkle with remaining seasoning mixture. Place on a rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the preserves, honey, onion, nutmeg and remaining butter. Cook and stir until preserves are melted. Brush over hens. Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until golden brown and a meat thermometer reads 180 degrees F. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C