Gourmet Mushroom RisottoAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 6 (cup) chicken broth, divided
- 3 (tablespoon) olive oil, divided
- 1 (pound) portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (pound) white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 (cup) Arborio rice
- 1/2 (cup) dry white wine
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 3 (tablespoon) chives, finely chopped
- 4 (tablespoon) butter
- 1/3 (cup) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, warm the broth over low heat.
- Warm 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in the mushrooms, and cook until soft, about 3 minutes. Remove mushrooms and their liquid, and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to skillet, and stir in the shallots. Cook 1 minute. Add rice, stirring to coat with oil, about 2 minutes. When the rice has taken on a pale, golden color, pour in wine, stirring constantly until the wine is fully absorbed. Add chicken broth one cup at a time, stirring constantly. Rice will become thick and creamy if stirred constantly.
- Remove from heat, and stir in mushrooms with their liquid, butter, chives, and parmesan. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C