Fast and Delicious Black Bean SoupAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 2 (tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 2 (15.0 ounce can) black beans
- 1 (14.0 ounce can) chicken broth
- 2 (cup) cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 (teaspoon) cumin
- 1/2 (teaspoon) salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (cup) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (cup) sour cream
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in the onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes, until tender. Mix in 1 can black beans and chicken broth.
- In a blender, puree remaining can of beans until smooth. Mix into the pot. Bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Mix in ham, cumin, salt, and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. Garnish with Cheddar cheese and sour cream to serve.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C