Moroccan Inspired Apricot-Braised ChickenAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and cut into thick slices
- 1 (tablespoon) minced garlic
- 1/2 (cup) dried apricots, halved
- 1/2 (teaspoon) ground ginger
- 1/2 (teaspoon) ground cumin
- 1/2 (teaspoon) ground allspice
- 1 (cup) beer (preferably lager)
- 1/48 (oz) salt and pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken thighs on both sides until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Set chicken aside, then stir in onion and garlic; cook for 1 to 2 minutes until the onion has softened. Stir in apricots and season with ginger, cumin, and allspice. Cook for 1 minute until spices are fragrant.
- Pour beer into pan, scraping the bottom of the pan to dissolve the browned bits. Add chicken, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer gently until the chicken begins to fall away from the bone, about 30 minutes.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C