Onion Chicken in Balsamic SauceAdd to Cookbook original
- 2 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 (cup) chicken stock
- 2/3 (cup) balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 (cup) chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and reduce heat to low. Allow onion to caramelize, stirring only enough to prevent sticking and to be sure that all sides are fully cooked. Add garlic and saute briefly.
- Increase heat to medium. Add chicken hindquarters to skillet and brown on both sides. Remove chicken, onion and garlic and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine the stock and vinegar. Deglaze the skillet with this mixture, then bring to a boil and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened. Pour mixture over chicken and stir in the sun dried tomatoes. Cover dish tightly and bake for 25-30 minutes.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C