Pecan Crusted ChickenAdd to Cookbook original
- 1/2 (cup) finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 (cup) bread crumbs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 (cup) butter, divided
- 1/4 (cup) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 (cup) dark brown sugar
- 2 (teaspoon) Worcestershire sauce
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter and stir with the pecans and bread crumbs; season with salt and pepper. Spread the mixture out on a plate. Press the chicken breasts into the mixture to coat on both sides. Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place the coated chicken breasts in the pan, and fry on both sides until nicely browned and chicken meat is cooked through, about 10 minutes per side.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the Dijon mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Cut up remaining 3/4 cup butter into pieces. Bring sauce to a simmer over medium-low heat, remove from the burner, then whisk in the remaining butter one piece at a time. Do not return to the heat.
- Arrange the chicken breasts on a large serving plate. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Optional: sprinkle with green onion.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C