Elegant SteakAdd to Cookbook original
- 2 1/2 (pound) New York strip, beef tenderloin, rib eye, T-bone or porterhouse steak, 3/4" thick
- 1 garlic clove
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (tablespoon) butter or margarine
- 1/2 (cup) red wine*
- 1/2 (teaspoon) worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 (cup) chopped chives or green onion tops
- salt, to taste
- Rub steak with garlic, and season with pepper. Melt butter in a large, heavy skillet; add red wine, worcestershire, and chives. Simmer mixture 5 minutes.
- Add steak to skillet; cook over high heat 3-5 minutes on each side for rare, 5-7 minutes for medium, or 7-10 minutes for well done. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
- *Note: Beef broth, grape juice, tomato juice, balsamic vinegar, or cranberry juice can be used.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C