Orzo with ParmesanAdd to Cookbook original
- 2 (tablespoon) butter
- 1 (cup) uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 (14.5 ounce can) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 (cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (tablespoon) dried basil
- 1/4 (teaspoon) salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
- Stir in chicken stock and basil, bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Mix in Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to shallow bowl.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C