Peppery Filet Mignon In Red WineAdd to Cookbook original
- 1/2 (teaspoon) coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 (6.0 ounce) filet mignons
- 1 (tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 1/4 (cup) chopped onion
- 1/4 (cup) steak sauce
- 1/4 (cup) dry red wine
- 1 (teaspoon) dried marjoram, crushed
- (to taste) salt
- Sprinkle pepper over both sides of steaks, pressing into steak. Season steaks on both sides with salt. Brown steaks in hot oil in skillet over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness; remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Cook and stir onion in same skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in steak sauce, wine and marjoram. Heat to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer for 2 minutes or until there is about 1/3 cup sauce remaining. Serve over steaks.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C