White Pork ChiliAdd to Cookbook original
- 1 (pound) ground pork
- 2 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 2 (whole) onions, chopped
- 5 (clove) garlic, chopped
- 2 (4.0 ounce can) diced green chiles
- 2 (teaspoon) ground cumin
- 1 (teaspoon) dried oregano
- 4 (cup) chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce can) Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (cup) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- In a large skillet brown pork and drain grease.
- In a large stockpot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until transparent. Stir in the chilies, cumin, and oregano. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes more. Add broth, pork, and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer, and cook uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the cheese until melted.