Orange Cracker Apricot ChickenAdd to Cookbook original
- 2 (tablespoon) orange juice
- 2 (tablespoon) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 (teaspoon) salt
- 3/4 (cup) saltine crackers, crumbled
- 1 (tablespoon) grated orange zest
- 1/4 (teaspoon) ground black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 1/4 (cup) apricot preserves
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Whisk together the orange juice, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Mix together the cracker crumbs, orange zest, and black pepper on a plate. Coat each chicken thigh in the orange juice mixture and then press into the cracker crumb mixture to cover both sides completely. Place the breaded thighs on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven 15 minutes; flip and continue baking until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 15 minutes more. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Switch the oven setting to 'Broil.'
- Top each thigh with 1 tablespoon of the apricot preserves and place beneath the oven's broiler until the preserves begin to caramelize, 2 to 3 minutes. When the chicken looks like it is starting to burn it is done.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C