Slow Cooker Texas Pulled PorkAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 (teaspoon) vegetable oil
- 1 (4.0 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 1 (cup) barbeque sauce
- 1/2 (cup) apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 (cup) chicken broth
- 1/4 (cup) light brown sugar
- 1 (tablespoon) prepared yellow mustard
- 1 (tablespoon) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (tablespoon) chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 (teaspoon) dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 2 (tablespoon) butter, or as needed
- Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth. Stir in the brown sugar, yellow mustard, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion, garlic, and thyme. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker, and shred the meat using two forks. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker, and stir the meat into the juices.
- Spread the inside of both halves of hamburger buns with butter. Toast the buns, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown. Spoon pork into the toasted buns.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C