Tofu ParmigianaAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1/2 (cup) 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 5 (tablespoon) 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 (teaspoon) 2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1/48 (oz) salt to taste
- 1/48 (oz) ground black pepper to taste
- 12.0 (ounce) 1 (12 ounce) package firm tofu
- 2 (tablespoon) 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8.0 ounce can) 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 (teaspoon) 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 (ounce) 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, 1 teaspoon oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Slice tofu into 1/4 inch thick slices, and place in bowl of cold water. One at a time, press tofu slices into crumb mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Cook tofu slices until crisp on one side. Drizzle with a bit more olive oil, turn, and brown on the other side.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and remaining oregano. Place a thin layer of sauce in an 8 inch square baking pan. Arrange tofu slices in the pan. Spoon remaining sauce over tofu. Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining 3 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C