Apple Cheddar PorkAdd to Cookbook original
- 1 (cup) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (large) Granny Smith apple, peeled cored and chopped
- 4 (5-6 ounce) boneless pork loin chops, pounded thin
- 2 (tablespoon) vegetable oil
- 1/4 (cup) red wine vinegar
- 1/2 (cup) water
- 2 (teaspoon) all-purpose flour
- (as needed) salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, toss together the Cheddar cheese and apple. Lay out the pork chops and pound with a meat mallet until 1/4' thick. Spread a thin layer of the cheese mixture on top of each one. Season with salt and pepper. Roll them up and secure with toothpicks.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown the outsides of the chops, then pour in the vinegar and water. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Mix the flour with a small amount of the liquid from the chops. Stir into the skillet until completely dissolved, then simmer for a few minutes, stirring constantly, to make a quick gravy.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C