Bolognese Stuffed Bell PeppersAdd to Cookbook user submitted recipe
- 1 uncooked white rice
- 2 (tablespoon) olive oil, divided
- 1/8 (cup) minced carrots
- 1/8 (cup) celery
- 1 bell peppers (any color) stems and seeds removed, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 (pound) ground beef
- 1/4 (pound) bacon, diced
- 1 1/2 (cup) prepared marinara sauce
- 1/4 (cup) red wine
- 1/2 (teaspoon) red pepper flakes
- 1/3 (cup) heavy cream
- 1/2 (cup) grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a saucepan bring water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, or until tender and fluffy; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook and stir carrots and celery until tender. Add ground beef and bacon, and cook until browned and crumbled; drain off any excess liquid, and return to heat. Add marinara sauce, wine, and red pepper flakes, and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream, half of the Parmesan cheese, and rice. Simmer 5 minutes more, or until most liquid has absorbed.
- Place peppers in a shallow baking dish, and fill with beef mixture. Drizzle with remaining olive oil and top with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Serve hot.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C