Pan Seared Chicken Breasts with Tarragon SauceAdd to Cookbook original
- 3 (tablespoon) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 (tablespoon) olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves - pounded thin
- 1/2 (small) red onion, minced
- 1/2 (teaspoon) garlic powder
- 1 (cup) chicken broth
- 1 (teaspoon) dried tarragon
- Heat olive oil in large skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper, and brown on both sides in skillet. Cover and continue cooking 10 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Set aside, and keep warm.
- Add onion into skillet over medium heat and sweat until transluscent. Add garlic and cook additional 30 seconds.
- Add chicken broth and tarragon to skillet and scrape bottom of skillet to release bits from bottom of pan. Cook on medium high heat until slightly thickened (reduced).
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter. Serve sauce over chicken.
- Note: Leeks or shallots may be substituted for onion.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C