Pan-Poached Salmon PiccataAdd to Cookbook original
- 3/4 (cup) chicken stock
- 3 (tablespoon) lemon juice
- 3 (tablespoon) capers
- 4 (4.0 ounce fillet) salmon
- 2 (tablespoon) butter
- 1 1/2 (tablespoon) chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 (teaspoon) dried thyme
- Bring chicken stock to a slow boil in medium-sized skillet. Reduce heat to a simmer and place salmon fillets in pan.
- Cover and simmer over low heat, 10 minutes per inch of thickness, measured at thickest part; or until fish flakes when tested with a fork. Remove salmon from pan; keep salmon warm.
- Add lemon juice, thyme and capers to remaining liquid in the skillet and cook over medium high heat until it is reduced to approximately 1/4 cup. Stir in capers. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Spoon sauce over fish. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parsley.
This nutrition information is an estimate only. We use software to calculate the nutritional analysis from the individual ingredients in each recipe. While we do our best to ensure accuracy, we make no representation or warranty regarding the information, and there can be no assurance that any of the information contained therein has not been, or will not be changed or altered.
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C