The hot summer months are rapidly approaching, and that means it’s time to shake up your food menu. Just as a hot bowl of soup is the perfect meal for a chilly winter’s night, fresh, raw food is the ultimate way to cool down at dinnertime.
Even if you’re not ready to fully commit to the raw food diet, the summer is a perfect time to experiment with adding cooling raw fruits and vegetables. Incorporating elements of the diet can even be slimming over time, plus fruits and veggies are some of the best foods you can eat for your health. Living food is said to increase vitality and overall health.
- Buy and use helpful tools. US News reports that it is important to invest in the right tools, like a juicer, dehydrator, and blender.These devices will give you unlimited options when preparing your raw food, like creating raw bread in the dehydrator made from flax meal and sprouted wheat berries.
- Juice often. Carrot juice is a great base for other vegetable and fruit juices, like orange, ginger, beet, and apples.
- Eat anything that has been exposed to pesticides or herbicides. This will mean buying all organic produce and other foods. Because you won’t be cooking food, which reduces pesticide residue, this is very important if you don’t want to be exposed to these substances.
- Get discouraged. Incorporating raw food can be a challenge. Making small goals will help. Trying raw for 30 days or two weeks are good benchmarks.
If you’re not interested in subscribing to a very restrictive diet, incorporating elements of the raw diet can be a great way to experiment while keeping your options open. You never know what you might learn by switching up your habits!
- “Raw Food Diet Do’s and Don’ts”, U.S. News & World Report