Meals don’t have to be a pain to prepare and clean up. Put all of your ingredients in one dish and be done with it! These soups, casseroles, and stews can be made in just one cooking vessel and make a complete meal. These meals also make excellent leftovers that can be enjoyed weeks later (after being properly frozen, of course). The best part? Only one pot to clean. Now that’s one easy dinner.
- Lasagna: Maybe people love the cheese or perhaps its the the multi-tiered effect. Whatever the reason, lasagna is a one-pot dish that everyone goes nuts for. Try making lasagna a bit healthier by adding some spinach into the mix. Ragu alla Bolognese and parmigiano-reggiano can give a spinach lasagna a fantastic kick of flavor.
- Chicken Divan: Chicken divan is not only tasty, it’s filling and inexpensive, too. Lucky for us, all it takes is one pot to make this dish. Shredded roasted chicken, sharp cheddar, parmesan, cream of chicken soup, and some broccoli are all that’s required to make this extremely simple dish.
- Macaroni and Cheese: Any mommy knows how to make mac ‘n’ cheese in a flash. That’s because, this is an easy dinner that kids absolutely love. Make cheeseburger or bacon macaroni and cheese to wow the kids. Then make them clean the one pot you cooked it in!
- Shepherd’s pie: Shepherd’s pie is an English dish, traditionally made with mutton or lamb. However, we like it with good ol’ fashioned American beef. Beef broth, ground beef, onions, veggies, and potatoes, make for an easy to make dinner that never fails to leave us feeling warm and satisfied.
- Chicken pot pie: We love any type of pie and chicken pot pie is no exception. Luckily, it’s a one-pot wonder that is easy and delicious. Individual pot pies are charming and a great way to control your portions if you’re watching the figure.
- Pork or Chicken Stew: Any kind of stew is a one-pot deal — only one dish is needed to make a deliciously flavorful pork stew. Add butternut squash or even apples to your stew for a seasonal touch during the autumn months.
You don’t have to be a culinary genius to whip up these easy meals. Grab a pan, pot, or Dutch oven and churn out one of these one-pot wonders.