Tomatoes are the theme this week. We’re harvesting a lot and I hate to see them go to waste. A homegrown tomato improves the flavor of every meal. We also have okra and jalapenos, so they’ll make cameo appearances.
- Monday: Fresh Tomato Gazpacho with marinated green beans
Did you know gazpacho is made with bread? The bread absorbs the sherry vinegar, giving it a nice tang.
- Tuesday: Tomato and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
I’m going to a lecture, so we’ll keep it simple at home.
- Wednesday: Lemon Chicken with Oregano with mixed salad
- Thursday: Dinner Out
We’re meeting some neighbors at our local Mexican food restaurant.
- Friday: Cod with Italian Crumb Topping with marinated cherry tomato salad
- Saturday: Jalapeno Cheeseburgers
After a day on the lake, it will be easy to come home and grill out. I seed the jalapenos before putting them on so it doesn’t get too hot.
- Sunday: Bourbon Glazed Pork Chops with fried okra
This fried okra isn’t breaded. Just throw whole okra in a hot skillet with safflower oil until it browns a little. Season with sea salt, and red pepper.
This post is linked to Life As an Organizing Junkie.
- Meal Plan Monday ~ Week of July 16 This week is going to be busy, so I’m going...
- Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of July 2 If last week was casserole week, this week is going...
- Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of July 30 Our vegetable garden has pretty much burned up for the...
- Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of July 23 It’s hot hot hot right now! We’re just staying inside...
- Menu Plan Monday ~ Week of August 13 The Seafood Fettucini was a hit! It was easy to...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.