It’s back to the grind this week. School starts this week, we’ve run through all our leftovers, and my work schedule is back to normal. Over the New Year’s weekend, we started thinking about New Year’s resolutions. Like everyone, we vow to spend less money and eat healthier. Meal planning can help me achieve these goals. I am going to continue to plan using what’s on sale at my local grocery store. I am also going to be better about incorporating more fresh vegetables into our diet. My goal is for vegetables to take up half of our plate. Here we go…
- Monday: Broiled Fish with Avocado Salsa with salad and brown rice
This is the perfect dish to start off my New Years resolution of eating healthier.
- Tuesday: Dinner Out
We have dinner plans with friends of ours who just got back into town. It will be nice to catch up after the craziness of the holidays.
- Wednesday: Lemon Thyme Chicken Tenders with sweet potatoes fries and steamed broccoli
This will be an all-finger-food meal.
- Thursday: Salmon and Tomatoes on Rice with salad
- Friday: Flank Steak with Garlic Wine Sauce with roasted brussel sprouts and creamed spinach
- Saturday: Date Night
Today is Elvis’ Birthday and we bought tickets for an Elvis tribute at a local music venue in town. Looks like it will be babysitters meal for the rest of the family – Kraft Mac and Cheese, Smoked Sausage, and Cucumber salad.
- Sunday: Chicken, Spinach, and Tomato Soup with wheat sourdough toast
We’ll have an informal meal of soup tonight. Maybe we’ll watch a movie!
What’s on your meal plan this week?
This post is linked to Meal Plan Mondays at I’m an Organizing Junkie.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.