I learned a new word today: spoonula. I realized that I called both turners and spoonulas spatulas. Now, I understand the difference. The spoonula is a rubber spatula that is curved like a spoon, but scrapes like a spatula. It is mainly used for scraping the sides of a mixing bowl or pan. Two utensils in one! If only they would combine a fork and a spoon…
On Day 10 of the 12 Days of Kitchen Essentials, we are giving away a set of 3 rubber spatulas. Here’s a great Food on the Table for your spoonula. Use it to scrape all the yummy ricotta from the bowl!
1 1/2 (pound) ground beef
1 (teaspoon) garlic powder
1 (28.0 ounce jar) sausage spaghetti sauce
1 (8.0 ounce can) tomato sauce
1 1/2 (teaspoon) dried oregano, divided
1 (tablespoon) olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 small onion, diced
1 (8.0 ounce package) mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (8.5 ounce package) 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
1 (15.0 ounce) container ricotta cheese
1/4 (cup) milk
9 lasagna noodles
1/4 (cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a skillet over medium heat season ground beef with garlic powder. Brown the meat and drain.
- In a large sauce pan add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, and 1 teaspoon of oregano; set aside. In a skillet heat olive oil. Saute garlic and onions for about 5 minutes. Mix sauteed onions and garlic with meat into the sauce and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Combine mozzarella and provolone cheeses in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl mix ricotta cheese, eggs, milk, and 1/2 teaspoon of oregano.
- Layer a 9×13 inch baking pan with just enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan. Lay three lasagna noodles in the pan. Cover with sauce, then with ricotta mixture then sprinkle with mozzarella/provolone mixture; repeat layering. Finish with a layer of noodles and remaining sauce. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes.
One lucky winner will win a set of 3 spoonulas! To enter:
1. Leave a comment on this post telling us how you use your spoonula
2. Leave a comment on Facebook
The giveaway starts at December 19 at 8 AM CT and ends on December 20 at 8 AM CT.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.