This will be your Frugalist Friday ever when you find out how to make money on Craiglist and from the Food on the Table Sweepstakes.
Make Money on Craigslist
Recently I have been sorting through things I don’t need like old furniture and appliances. I was inspired by Life As Mom’s post several weeks ago about selling something and decided to give Craiglist a go.
In the last two weeks, I’ve posted an antique couch, an ottoman, and a refrigerator. I received inquiries within 24 hours. All items were out of my house within three days! I made money and reduced clutter.
What to know before you post
Before I posted, I checked out Lifehacker’s Seller’s Guide to Craiglist. I found two tips to be most helpful:
If you have an option, always post a picture. If you were a buyer, wouldn’t you want to see a photo first? I staged my furniture in my living room and made sure I had plenty of natural light. It’s definitely easier than food photography!
- Research Similar Postings
Craigslist also serves as somewhat of a Blue Book for household items. I did some research on similar refrigerator postings to determine a reasonable price. When I was reading through the posts, the ones that drew my attention were the most descriptive. I used that as a model for my posts. I was very specific when describing my refrigerator including the size, brand, year, model, and price.
What have your experiences been with Craiglist?
Sweepstakes for a $250 Gift Card at the Grocery of Your Choice!
Food on the Table is hosting a giveaway for a gift card up to $250 at the grocery store of your choice. For those of you who haven’t heard of Food on the Table, it is an online service that integrates the sale items from your store into a meal plan and organized grocery list based on your family’s preferences.
- The giveaway lasts from the time of this posting through midnight, CST on Friday, July 2, 2010 and is open to all U.S. Residents.
- To enter, share one of your favorite tips for avoiding the “What’s for dinner” 4 o’clock panic. Limit one comment per person.
- For an extra entry, “like” Food on the Table on Facebook. Please leave a comment for this extra entry.
- For an extra entry each day, tweet about this post and then come back here and include a link to your tweet in a comment. For this entry to count, you must link back to your tweet from the comments. Limit one tweet per person per day.
- On Saturday, July 3, 2010 I will use Random.org to select a winning comment number.
- I will notify the winner by e-mail to ask their preferred grocery store and their shipping address, so please be sure to leave a valid e-mail address when you comment. I will never share your e-mail address with anyone for any reason.
- The winner has 48 hours from when I sent the e-mail to respond and claim the prize. If I don’t receive a response, I’ll go back to Random.org to select another winner.
- If there are 400 entries, one winner will receive a $50 gift card.
- If there are 1,200 entries, one winner will receive a $125 gift card.
- If there are 2,000 entries, one winner will receive a $250 gift card.
What does this mean? The more friends you tell, the more money you’ll be able to win!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.